Bowtie Chicken Salad
—4 to 5 Whole Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
—1 Pound Bowtie Noodles
—2 Cups Mayonnaise
—1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
—1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
—2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme Leaves
—3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
—1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions, Green Part Only, Plus Extra For Garnish
—1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
—1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
—2 Tsps Ground Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips and place on a baking sheet, sprinkling with 1 teaspoon of salt and about 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- Sprinkle all the thyme over the top and then drizzle it with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through but still juicy; do not overcook.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, rinse it in cold water, and drain it again.
- Pat the excess moisture off the pasta with a paper towel if necessary, and put the pasta in a large bowl for tossing.
- Remove the chicken from the baking sheet and set aside. Pour the juices from the baking sheet into a medium bowl.
- To the bowl, add the mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, basil, and the remaining pepper, garlic powder and kosher salt, and stir until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss gently. Place the chicken strips on top of the pasta. Garnish with tomato wedges and additional sliced green onions.
- Serve with Hagafen Oak Knoll District Chardonnay and enjoy!!!