Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
Prepare at least one hour ahead:
—1 English or Seedless Cucumber, Finely Chopped
—1 Green Onion, Thinly Sliced
—1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro or Parsley, Minced
—3-4 Tbsps Red Wine Vinegar
—2 Cups Fresh Strawberries, Hulled and Diced Small
—1 Yellow Bell Pepper
—1 Stick Unsalted Butter
—1 Tsp Minced Garlic
—1 Tbsp Honey
—2 Tbsp Ketchup or Soy Sauce
—1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
—6 Salmon Skinless Fillets
- In a bowl, mix together the cucumbers, green onion, cilantro and vinegar. Cover and chill at least one hour. Just before serving, add strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic over low heat until garlic lightly browns—don’t let it burn!
- Stir in honey, ketchup and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes; set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan. When ready to cook, brush sauce on salmon pieces and place in pan. Grill approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Brush salmon with the sauce again after turning, and again when done.
- Transfer salmon to warm platter and top with salsa.
- Serve with Hagafen Estate Bottled Pinot Noir and enjoy!!!