Commitment to Sustainability
Hagafen Cellars is proud to commit to a sustainable future! We actively take part in several sustainable activities such as powering the winery by solar power, collecting rainwater for re-use in irrigation and growing all of our own grapes organically, just to name a few. We take this commitment a step further with active certifications from several organizations based around sustainability and environmentally friendly practices. Take a look below to learn more about some of our certifications.
Napa Green Certified Winery -
Napa Green is a comprehensive sustainability certification program for vineyards and wineries in the Napa Valley. Soil-to-bottle stewardship includes protecting and restoring the Napa River watershed; saving energy and water; reducing waste and carbon footprint; and being conscientious employers and good neighbors. Independent, third-party certification of farms and winemaking facilities makes Napa Green one of the most rigorous sustainability accreditations the wine industry offers.
Certified Organic Vineyards -
The grapes we harvest from the Hagafen Estate Vineyard as well as the Wieruszowski Vineyard are certifed organic by the CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers).
Bee Friendly Farming -
Bee Friendly Farming (BFF) is a program that provides guidelines for farmers and growers interested in promoting pollinator health on our lands. These are some of the measures we take:
1. Offer forage providing good nutrition for bees on 3-6% of land.
2. Plant continuous bloom of different flowering plants throughout the growing season, especially in early spring and late autumn in temperate regions.
3. Offer clean water for bees.
4. Provide a variety of habitat for nesting and mating, through features such as hedgerows, natural brush, or bufferstrips.
5. Practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM); reduce or eliminate the use of chemicals.
Fish Friendly Farming -
Fish Friendly Farming is a certification program for agricultural properties managed to restore fish and wildlife habitat and improve water quality.
EV Car Charging Station -
For those of you visiting wine country in your electric vehicle, we have one EV Car Charging station (Level 2) available for guests on a first come-first serve basis!